Graston® Technique effectively breaks down scar tissue and
reduces inflammation that causes pain and restricted mobility.
Used by Dr. Jamal, the stainless steel instruments comb over and “catch” on fibrotic tissue, which immediately identifies areas of restriction. The instruments enable us to treat soft tissue lesions with the depth, pressure and specificity necessary to affect the condition at the site of pain, as well as following the kinetic chain to find and treat the cause. Once the tissue dysfunction has been identified, the instruments break up the scar tissue so it can be absorbed by the body.
By incorporating stretching, strengthening and ice in the treatment rehab process, Dr. Jamal can rebuild the soft tissue injury into healthy functioning tissue.
Graston® Technique is clinically proven to achieve quicker and better outcomes in treating:
· Achilles Tendonosis/itis
· Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
· Cervical Sprain/Strain (Neck Pain)
· Lateral Epicondylosis/itis (Tennis Elbow)
· Lumbar Sprain/Strain (Low Back Pain)
· Medial Epicondylosis/itis (Golfer’s Elbow)
· Patellofemoral Disorders (Knee Pain)
· Plantar Fascitis (Foot Pain)
· Rotator Cuff Tendinosis/itis (Shoulder Pain)
· Scar Tissue
· Shin Splints
· Trigger Finger
· Woman’s Health (Post-Mastectomy and Caesarean Scarring)
Graston® Technique has had positive outcomes in 75-90 percent of all conditions treated. It is equally effective in restoring function to acute and chronic injuries, and pre- and postsurgical patients.